Long time CS Professor who studied Mathematics. Dr. Buffy if you want to be formal. Not a dog, but not as cute as my avatar either.
Actually Erdős-3, but that was mostly through the efforts of others. I think I must have a finite Bacon number, but can't verify it. Again, the efforts of others, primarily.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
48 profile views
Last seen Jun 23 at 17:48
- Academia 142.1k 142.1k 3535 gold badges430430 silver badges576576 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 29.9k 29.9k 99 gold badges5050 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 259 259 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 231 231 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 213 213 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 268 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 223 In a yes/no question, student gives the right answer and a unnecessary but wrong explanation. How to grade?
- 196 Etiquette question: is there such a thing as accepting an offer 'too early'?
- 196 How honest should I be in disclosing not-so-exciting results?
- 172 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 155 How bad is a Computer Science course that doesn't teach Design Patterns?
- 146 Should students have access to past exams or an exam bank?
- View more network posts →