Long time CS Professor who studied Mathematics. Dr. Buffy if you want to be formal. Not a dog, but not as cute as my avatar either.
Actually Erdős-3, but that was mostly through the efforts of others. I think I must have a finite Bacon number, but can't verify it. Again, the efforts of others, primarily.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
57 profile views
Last seen Feb 24 at 18:36
- Academia 199.6k 199.6k 5656 gold badges582582 silver badges804804 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 32.1k 32.1k 99 gold badges5353 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Law 449 449 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 259 259 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Politics 251 251 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 281 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 230 In a yes/no question, a student gives the right answer and an unnecessary but wrong explanation. How to grade?
- 201 Should I seek professional help because I have a lot of math books?
- 197 Etiquette question: is there such a thing as accepting an offer 'too early'?
- 196 How honest should I be in disclosing not-so-exciting results?
- 173 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 157 How bad is a Computer Science course that doesn't teach Design Patterns?
- View more network posts →