Long time CS Professor who studied Mathematics. Dr. Buffy if you want to be formal. Not a dog, but not as cute as my avatar either.
Actually Erdős-3, but that was mostly through the efforts of others. I think I must have a finite Bacon number, but can't verify it. Again, the efforts of others, primarily.
Member for 2 years, 5 months
47 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Academia 100.1k 100.1k 2424 gold badges306306 silver badges432432 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 27.9k 27.9k 99 gold badges4545 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 231 231 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 213 213 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 204 204 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 260 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 221 In a yes/no question, student gives the right answer and a unnecessary but wrong explanation. How to grade?
- 198 Etiquette question: is there such a thing as accepting an offer 'too early'?
- 195 How honest should I be in disclosing not-so-exciting results?
- 167 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 154 How bad is a Computer Science course that doesn't teach Design Patterns?
- 146 Should students have access to past exams or an exam bank?
- View more network posts →