Information Security, Risk and Governance Specialist.
Heavily involved in information security and risk solutions for the last 17 years in the UK, US and throughout Europe, leading the security teams for Ernst & Young and PwC in Scotland, as well as founding 2 security consultancies.
- Deputy Chair of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (previously Chairman)
- Director of the Information Security Forum
- Past President of ISACA Scotland
- Previously Mensa Security SIG Secretary
- Full Member of the IISP (M.Inst.ISP)
- Security mentor and evangelist
- Moderator of the Security, Music, Parenting, Outdoors, Video Production, Sound Design and Personal Productivity Stack Exchange sites and Administrator for the Security Stack Exchange Blog
- Contributor to the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- EC Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC)
IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
has also been a member of the Standards and Operations Committees for the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST), an ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a CLAS Consultant.
Extensive experience in Enterprise Risk and Security, from a deep technical grounding in application, network and platform security, as well as over 10 years working with global banking clients helping them identify, evaluate and mitigate information risks from a business and governance perspective.
Created security development pathways and managed large scale security programmes, including global attack & penetration engagements, privacy and security assessments, incident response and fraud and forensic investigations.
Core clients have included global and UK banks, government departments as well as organisations in the Energy, Telecomms and other markets.
Acts as a mentor and coach for numerous security professionals in Scotland, providing career guidance as well as promoting a passion for the industry.
Presents regularly on aspects of Information Security at various events in the UK, especially on the business implications of security issues.
Published in the Financial Times, ISACA Journal, Computer Weekly and others.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 3 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 31 '17 at 15:10
- Information Security♦ 61.1k 61.1k 1111 gold badges112112 silver badges310310 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory♦ 34.9k 34.9k 99 gold badges6060 silver badges138138 bronze badges
- Parenting♦ 26k 26k 77 gold badges5656 silver badges108108 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors♦ 23.8k 23.8k 44 gold badges5757 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 18.5k 18.5k 66 gold badges5353 silver badges9797 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 295 How can someone go off-web, and anonymise themselves after a life online?
- 249 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 198 My 3 year old daughter thinks she is white. Should I tell her she's not?
- 134 How to explain my complicated family background to people that I don't know very well?
- 128 What's to stop someone from 3D print cloning a key?
- 118 Are spiders unable to hurt humans, especially very small spiders?
- 115 Were children safer in the good old days?
- View more network posts →