Any sufficiently complex deterministicity is indistinguishable from stochasticity.
Postdoc of physics dealing with complex systems, chaos theory, scientific computing, networks, analysis methods, and theoretical ecology. To get an idea what I am doing, take a look at my publications or this journalistic report on my work.
My username is pronounced [ˈvʀ̩ʦl̩ˌpʀm̩ft] and comes from a list of names you should not give to your child, which in turn got it from this guy.
Member for 2 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 11 '17 at 5:11
- Academia♦ 37.2k 37.2k 1212 gold badges119119 silver badges197197 bronze badges
- German Language♦ 18.6k 18.6k 55 gold badges5151 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 16.8k 16.8k 55 gold badges5757 silver badges124124 bronze badges
- Graphic Design♦ 11.7k 11.7k 55 gold badges4848 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.5k 3.5k 2222 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 224 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 172 Is declining an undergraduate award which causes me discomfort appropriate?
- 169 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 154 I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?
- 135 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 129 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 108 Graduation, site closure, and a clearer outlook on the health of SE sites
- View more network posts →