I am retired from teaching computing at a university in Georgia, USA. Now I teach computing one day at a time to elementary and middle school kids. When I'm not doing that, I enjoy cooking, reading, and wine tasting.
I taught because it's rewarding to help students have the "Aha! experience," and that happened several times each term. It made me feel really good to help others learn the things that I know and to learn new things myself in the process.
- Academia 24.1k 24.1k 1010 gold badges7070 silver badges9797 bronze badges
- Information Security 5.2k 5.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 986 986 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 391 391 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 108 Academic Misconduct with alternate exam? Minimizing damage?
- 90 Asking an exam question that requires a specific technique
- 85 Dean will not tell me what upcoming meeting is about. What do I do?
- 80 How old can references or sources in a thesis be?
- 79 Accidentally addressed lecturer as Mrs instead of Ms
- 76 Would I get into trouble if I give out "too many" A grades?
- 74 Writing someone else's master's thesis: Unethical and illegal?
- View more network posts →