Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩
I am a lecturer of Computer Science at the University of Hull. I have worked in the software industry in the US and the UK. I have over 50 years software development experience, in writing compilers, operating system implementation and porting, networking protocol stacks, protocol analysers and software for arcane and unusual architectures.
I am experienced at answering and solving students' programming and computer science questions.
I teach the networking, compilers and security courses.
My research areas include computer crime, forensics and security.
I was the first timelord and created the tardis.
Member for 4 years, 1 month
5 profile views
Last seen Jun 15 at 10:56
- Academia 12.7k 12.7k 44 gold badges3838 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 6k 6k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.2k 5.2k 6565 gold badges5151 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 4.5k 4.5k 1717 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 193 Nudism in space: Why wear clothes anyway?
- 189 How to deal with a student who most likely has a mental condition, and keeps arguing with me in class?
- 137 Httpd returning 503 Service Unavailable with mod_proxy for Tomcat 8
- 95 What is the context of the button "Is MS DOS a feminist?"
- 91 Word choice for salutation in a formal email to your PhD adviser, Is *Dear Boss* appropriate?
- 80 Teaching a blind student MATLAB programming
- 78 How did Canada come to be the robotic arm people?
- View more network posts →