I work with a team of plant scientists, developing software that allows them to conduct their research. Several of my software 'products' have been published in high-ranking, peer-reviewed journals, and are widely used throughout the international academic community: See, for example: On-Guard and EZ-Rhizo.
Almost all my programming is in C++, and mostly for the Windows platform; Visual Studio (using MFC) is my preferred development environment, though I am in the early stage of experimenting with porting code to MacOS (Xcode/Cocoa).
I have been programming for over 25 years! However, in the last year or so I have decided to 'get up to speed' with the latest developments in C++, like the Standard Template Library, smart pointers and C++17 (and maybe even C++20, at some point).
Member for 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 12 at 16:18
Top network posts
- 111 Do all C++ operators return something?
- 36 How many usernames have been changed to support Monica?
- 16 New Dialog-Box in Reopen Votes Review Queue Doesn't Close
- 16 If-directive macro comparison
- 14 Series: 1 + 1/3 + 1/5 +...upto N terms
- 13 Why does it make a difference if left and right shift are used together in one expression or not?
- 9 Static constexpr member of a template class different for each instance?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.