Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 6 at 5:57
- Stack Overflow 321.8k 321.8k 6969 gold badges395395 silver badges599599 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 82.5k 82.5k 1919 gold badges176176 silver badges262262 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.1k 3.1k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 2.4k 2.4k 1515 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Computer Science 2.1k 2.1k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1188 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1172 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 629 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 616 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 612 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 453 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 339 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →